Thursday, October 15, 2009

Taco Soup

I have been making this taco soup for a few years now. I'm not exactly sure where the recipe came from, I think it is more of a combination of recipes that I saw and liked. I always make a huge batch of this, then freeze it, so it makes several meals for us. If you just want a normal size batch of soup, make sure to halve this recipe.

Taco Soup
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cans kidney beans
2 cans corn
2 cans Rotel
2 cans tomato sauce
2 packets taco seasoning
2 packets Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix

Brown ground beef and onion, and drain. Add to pot. Add rest of ingredients (including liquid from all cans). Stir well. This can either be cooked on the stovetop on medium-low for 30-45 minutes, or in the crockpot on low for 3-4 hours. Top with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.

No comments: