Monday, October 5, 2009

Crockpot Salsa Chicken

I have had this recipe on my list of things to make for quite a while now. It has made it's rounds on the cooking board that I frequent, and I've heard nothing buy great things about it. I was super excited to make it, but was a little disappointed. It was pretty good, but I guess it just didn't live up to all the hype. I served it over rice, topped with cheese, but the next day, I had it in a tortilla, and I liked it better that way.

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breast
1 cup of salsa, any brand
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup of sour cream

Directions:
Add chicken to the slow cooker.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Mix salsa and chicken soup in another bowl. Add to crock pot.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Add sour cream during the last 30 minutes.
Shred chicken with forks and serve!

No comments: