Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chicken Club Ring

Our dinner last night was pretty good. I look forward to trying different variations of this in the future. I think this was originally a Pampered Chef recipe, but I found it here. I have put that recipe below, and noted my changes.

Chicken Club RingRecipe
2 (8 oz) tubes refrigerator crescent rolls
3 cup coarsely chopped cooked chicken ( I just boiled my chicken, then when it was almost done, I chopped it up and put it in the skillet with a small amount of the bacon drippings, some garlic salt and onion salt.
4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and chopped
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley (I omitted)
1 garlic clove, pressed (I used garlic salt instead)
2 plum tomatoes, sliced (I diced up a regular tomato)
2 chopped green onions
1 egg white, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In bowl, combine chicken, bacon, 3/4 cup of cheese, mayo, mustard, parsley and garlic; mix well.Scoop filling evenly over desired shape**; top with tomato slices. ( I mixed the tomato and green onion in with the rest of the mixture.) Finish shape as directed. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.** Shape refers to the various shapes you can make with crescent rolls and some creative folding - wreath, ring or braid. Basically, you lay them out in a circle, overlapping, to look like a sun. spread filling out over the inside edge, and one-by-one, fold the points over into the middle.

No comments: